One of the biggest challenges any business faces as we begin to re-open is providing a safe space for staff and customers. At the Toothboss, we have gone above and beyond CDC guidelines to put your mind at ease when coming here to receive needed dental treatment. The best way to share that is to walk you through, step by step, so you can know what to expect.
- Arrive at The Toothboss – Give us a call when you arrive. We now allow only one to two patients in the waiting room at a time. If there is somebody in the waiting room when you arrive, we ask you to maintain social distancing. Whenever possible, please come alone to your appointment.
- Entering the Toothboss – You will be provided hand sanitizer and asked to dawn gloves and a mask as you enter our office. We will take your temperature and ask you to fill out a brief questionnaire on your current health status and other things (e.g. have you been coughing; have you recently traveled).
- Sitting in the waiting room – Per CDC recommendations we have removed all magazines and reading material in the waiting room to avoid the spread of germs.
- Povidone rinse – We give you an ounce of Povidone Iodine to rinse your mouth for 15 seconds. If you’re allergic to iodine, we will offer you a 3% hydrogen peroxide rinse. Both rinses kill the Covid virus and other bacteria in your mouth. This will provide an additional layer of protection for your dentist or hygienist should you unknowingly have COVID-19.
- Time to enter the operatory – As you sit in the chair, you will notice Dr. Wolfert and the hygienists are wearing gloves, masks and protective eyewear. When we suspect aerosol creation, we will wear a face shield. At times of increased risk, Dr. Wolfert and our hygienists are wearing two masks—an N95 mask with a type 3 mask on top. This is to extend the lifetime of the N95 masks, which are difficult to get during the crisis.
- The treatment – This will seem normal with a few exceptions. During prolonged procedures we may ask you to rinse with the Povidone to further ensure we have lessened the risk of having the virus in your mouth and being aerosolized.
- Oral suction – Additionally, we will be adding (in July) an external oral suction machines to each treatment room. This will improve the removal of aerosols that occur during certain procedures.
- Misting – We will be utilizing a mister with a hypochloric acid (HOCL) solution to spray the entire office and specifically the operatory after you leave. This mist of this weak acid is very safe and will remove any virus and bacteria from the air.
- Exiting – As you leave the Toothboss, you will dispose of your gloves and masks in an appropriately marked container as you exit. Hand sanitizer will also be available if you wish to use that upon leaving.
The Toothboss has always put your health and safety first. As these steps reveal, we have gone far beyond CDC requirements to ensure your safety. We look forward to seeing you very soon as we return to the new normal.